- Indian Visa Application Drama
Wherein our hero must endure the comedy and tragedy of an insurmountable bureaucracy.
- The Quest for the Visa Continues
This is how I earn my reputation as Alton, the Travel Cursed.
They say getting there is half the fun. This is the tale of the longest journey I’ve ever taken, with all of the encounters along the way.
- First Day in India
The first impressions of Chennai, India, including various adventures.
- Searching for Tango in India
First Indian road trip, looking for Tango in the unlikeliest of places, and enjoying the luxuries of an exotic resort.
- “Americans Are So Strong”: Adventures in the Indian Ocean
Surfing, swimming, and otherwise frolicking and showing off amongst ancient ruins.
- “Food Tastes Better When You Eat it With Your Hands”
The curry alone is reason enough to go to India.
- The Trouble with Rickshaws
- Bicycles, Buses, and Fitting Eight People in a Rickshaw
Riding a bike in the crazy streets of Chennai, discovering secret rickshaws, and the contrasts of the Phoenix Mall.
- The Madras Eye
Eye infections causing changes of plans, plus assorted food adventures.